What are some things that Indian parents don’t realize about their children? by Hemanth Kumar Tirupati
Answer by Hemanth Kumar Tirupati:
- You choose their Profession.
- You don’t realize you are killing a painter, an athlete, a statesman, a sportsman, a dancer in your child.
- You choose their spouse.
- You don’t realize that they are capable enough to find one. The odds of a failed marriage are as good in either case.
- You expect them to take the road often travelled. You crave them to be one in a billion.
- You don’t realize the paradox here.
- You give more importance to result than the deed.
- You don’t realize their hard work and myriad thoughts in their brain. Ironically you realize the suicide of a child in the newspaper next day.
- You can’t stand neighbour’s child performing better than yours.
- You don’t realize constant harry with comparison does more harm than good.
- You tell them what to do, what not, everything.
- You don’t realize you won’t be always there to tell them. You don’t realize your children are capable of discretion. You don’t realize they should learn to learn from their mistakes. You don’t realize your child has become an adult.
You don’t realize you are not letting them live..,
NOTE: Parental guidance is necessary. But anything in excess is harmful to individual/society. Just stating the fact, not all Indian parents are alike.